Posts tagged Assassins Creed
Okay, i just finished it, random thoughts
– great settings
– great feeling of navigation in the environment
– the hero can’t swim (just like past GTA heroes). Super silly! Here’s a guy that’s super athletic and does a ton of impressive moves and yet drowns like a baby. Not just nonsensical but also highly frustrating as it resulted in tens of immersion breaking deaths.
– towards the end the game completely changes and you are forced to battle a lot in tight quarters. Highly immersion breaking dying tens of times, just waiting for luck on retry.
– I was expecting an unsatisfying ending, but it was even worse than I expected… it just felt like a cut… and left me wondering if there’s something I can do (locked in some rooms but can walk around)
– I got the feeling from other books that far from being the killers/criminals often portrayed (most) the crusaders were actually people who at great personal price (selling of property, long trip and risking life) went to try to save abused peoples… obviously there were some bad apples, there always are when there’s more than 10 people… after a couple of books on the subject I still don’t feel I know enough facts… on my personal to-learn
– the secrets and mythos and the whole conspiracy elements are quite cool. I liked integration of Mayan references. Seems on it’s way to become a cult classic a la LOST
– they have timed events… those are NEVER good: if you’re fast u don’t care about them and they add nothing, if you’re not it’s a guarantee of frustration
– so, obviously the game wasn’t bad, since i finished it, on the contrary that means it was quite exceptional… and it’s possibly exactly that the reason that you have higher hopes… for example at no point in the story did I feel i had a choice… not even in the WAY of doing things…
– cities look too similar architecturally. Though each house is looking good, and overall they look good, there’s a clear sense of reuse and not enough character to streets.
I have very mixed feelings about the next ones… normally after these failings and the frustrating many deaths towards the end I’d totally put them on “someday maybe” list but if they get super super great reviews and many promise they’re much better… who knows… at a low price I may try them out.
Hopefully my impressions were useful to you. If you have a choice I’d advise you skip the first one… or just play 2-3h to get the atmosphere. On the other hand as far as historic period this one for me far outstrips in interest factor 15th century Italy. Also I suspect of the 3 heroes of the series Altair is to me a much more interesting one.
I must admit I thought they were totally padding and stretching this one out… but despite the initial similar impression I must admit after this setpiece I am rather curious to visit the Ottoman empire’s imperial capital.
They’re all about to jump into the cliffs bellow, yet thanks to conveniently placed hay only one breaks his leg. I loved this scene, possibly my favorite in the whole game (so far :P )
Usual rules: 3 tries per person, 2x multipliers for first timers. Winner gets to propose a theme/scene as well as 1 day extraordinary forum bragging rights. Outstanding orders: Jaco x19, player347 x3, Diana x5, Radu x38, VideoGamesAsArt x2 , thegazer x2, rsocu x3, Teofil S, Firefish x9. Awaiting scenes from you guys. Newcomers may ask for a freebie.