Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Playing an old game on Win 8.1
Bia Hawks
Artsy Gamer
Post Playing an old game on Win 8.1
on: May 8, 2017, 14:05

Hi ArtsyGamers!

There was this game I used to play about 10 years ago, and I miss it a lot. Unfortunately, it stopped back then in 2008. No upgrades came ever since : ( I would love to play it again, but it's not compatible with my Windows 8.1 on 64 bit system. I could install it though and it does start, but the movements are veeeeeeery slow, not working.. I got it from here: https://getpcgamelink.blogspot.ch/2016/03/captain-claw.html.

Then, I tried to install a pseudo-patched version I found in the web, they said it was "optimized" for x64, but almost infected my PC with viral stuff on trying to install the thing, so I quit. A colleague told me about DOS Box, and I remember I had this once, but I'm not sure if it would work or how exactly I can use it with this game.

Oh btw, the game I'm writing of is "Captain Claw" -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claw_(video_game) : D
Can anyone help me out to install and play the game? Is it possible to play it on a 64 bit system at all? Does anyone know alternatives?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers & sparkles,
Bia Hawks

Void
Administrator
Post Re: Playing an old game on Win 8.1
on: May 8, 2017, 18:58

Oh yeah, I remember being wow-ed by the artwork quality of that one. It was even demanding for those times, I believe, despite being 2d. It's true, there's many great old games, some which i respect more than new gameplay-y new ones, due to their genuine content. Did you see this new video I posted today of mobile games, I was delighted to see among new releases Planescape: Torment, another oldie goldie. Bogdana had to play that one I think via dosbox too. Though that was done officially by Good Old Games, the anti-drm movement. Good luck with getting it to run! Maybe you should check out gog.com, you might find other great oldies that they got running officially. I unfortunately haven't found Claw via a search though :(

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.

Go to Top