Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Difference between Software and Application
Artsy Newbie
Post Difference between Software and Application
on: October 24, 2017, 12:43

Hi,

Software, or computer software, is a collection of programs that provides instructions for the computer. Software is basically the operating system and all of its associated programs. Application software, also known as application or an app, is computer software that is designed to help the user perform various tasks on the computer.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References: http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-software-and-application?gclid=Cj0KCQjwybvPBRDBARIsAA7T2kgHPPUQbF_4pqr-paEJVoTQLZJPmnPiSH4cqoxDF5h-Drir2yL-R80aAvf4EALw_wcB

integrated marketing campaign example

Void
Administrator
Post Re: Difference between Software and Application
on: October 24, 2017, 13:44

you've posted in a short time 4 posts with similar format, all containing links, makes me wonder if this is automated.

SebastianK-
Erben
Artsy Newbie
on: October 27, 2017, 09:37

For anyone else wondering about this rather weird topic: "application" is a subset of "software". So every application is also software, but not every software is an application.

Regarding the author with its links: yeah, especially "integrated marketing campaign example" looks suspicious to me

Void
Administrator
on: October 27, 2017, 10:19

what an interesting insight... Thank you for that! What software for example would not be an application?
about the author I was polite and waited a few days for an explanation, but upon multiple posts and always including a link, even if the texts were each time semi-relevant (and, respect, placed in the right folders) I decided to delete them. I felt bad about doing that as in principle the forums should be open for anybody, but i felt i had to as the point is human personal relations. If they had taken the time to introduce themselves maybe it would've been otherwise... anyway, excusing myself as i don't like to be a tyrant but i feel it might be a service to the community to not allow spam

SebastianK-
Erben
Artsy Newbie
on: October 27, 2017, 14:44

Firmware for example is software but not an application. I would say an application is software that runs within the context of other software. So for example your browser is an application which runs within the context of your operating system which in turn is not an application because it's the interface between applications and the hardware (of course the operating system is made of multiple components like drivers and kernel etc.)

Void
Administrator
on: October 27, 2017, 16:46

aaa, okay, i understood right then, my answer would've been an operating system like linux or Windows

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.029 seconds.

Go to Top