Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wolfenstein 2
Void
Administrator
Post Wolfenstein 2
on: October 27, 2017, 16:48

Anybody playing it? Basti!?! is it as good as I'm hoping? I'm busy right now but I look forward to it and I'd love a spoiler free confirmation of great things to look forward to.

SebastianK-
Erben
Artsy Newbie
Post Re: Wolfenstein 2
on: November 1, 2017, 01:29

My XBox One version from UK is on its way but I'll wait for the XBox One X to play it so don't expect any recommendations for another week ;)

On a side note: just getting into using my PC more again, thinking about writing an article on PC gaming (the pros, the cons, interesting and important stuff, etc.) if there is interest :)

Void
Administrator
on: November 2, 2017, 12:52

interesting choice with the X1X... i mean it must be tough to abstain having it.

I would totally be interested in reading about your experience on PC gaming again. I've moved so much to consoles I find it hard to imagine again, even as i lustfully look at steam games i still want to finish and amazing GoG offers. Please do write that article!

SebastianK-
Erben
Artsy Newbie
on: November 2, 2017, 20:36

Yeah, couldn't resist any longer. Played the first 90 minutes which means roughly 60 minutes playtime, 30 minutes cutscenes but good ones. A lot of character development and setting the tone. The game plays well, the switch to ID Tech 6 is doing some remarkable things for the game, both in visual fidelity and fluidity. Can't wait to play it on the X1X but kind of bummed I didn't get it for PC. Then again I would have to play the German version of the game which didn't bother me at all with the first game but it is a different experience indeed playing the UK version.

I will write about PC gaming as you being interested is already enough for me :) Will be more than one article though. I think I'll do a series, going from general pros & cons into some technical details, maybe even explaining how to conceptually compile a decent PC on a budget or so.

Void
Administrator
on: November 3, 2017, 14:23

he he, you caved in :D i fully understand !! i would've too!
Great to hear about the char dev and the advantages of the new tech, can't wait to see it.
Yeah, german "thinking sanitation" sucks on so many levels and is so ever-present :(

Very much looking forward to that article. Ideas i hope you'll cover are not just quality and costs both pros and cons but also specifics of the ecosystem. For example i'm cool with Steam and GoG but i'm heavily against Win10 and I'll have to be quite starved for content before i given into making a windows store account... I'm curious how things have developed in that field in the past years since i left PC gaming as that was becoming a serious thing. Also DRM stuff.

SebastianK-
Erben
Artsy Newbie
on: November 4, 2017, 09:34

Yes, I will mention it. I don't understand what Win 10 has to do with a Windows Store account? You don't need one. When installing Windows 10 you just tell Windows "No I don't want to use or create a Microsoft account thank you" and there you go: no Windows store, no One Drive cloud stuff, nothing :)

Void
Administrator
on: November 6, 2017, 17:24

aren't there games that they're trying to lock to windows store? Could one buy Quantum Break on Steam for example?

SebastianK-
Erben
Artsy Newbie
on: November 6, 2017, 23:47

Some like Forza or Gears of War (the Microsoft ones) yes. Quantum Break was limited to the store for some time but it's now available at Steam

Void
Administrator
on: November 7, 2017, 13:09

ooo, really, Quantum Break on steam might be big enough to get me to put a controller back into my PC... though maybe i should wait out until i cave in and get that X1X at at a lower price i hope

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.

Go to Top